Senior Talent Manager, Digital (Los Angeles office)
Salary - Dependent on experience
Insanity Group is a rapidly growing media company operating in the music, broadcast, live and digital markets. Insanity represent top tier broadcast, digital and music talent and operate a record label in partnership with Sony Music. ‘Brand Socials™’ is Insanity Talent Management’s newest division, primarily focusing on the significant opportunities currently available in respect of high profile, talent-led marketing on digital and non-linear platforms.
The Senior Talent Manager will have a depth of understanding of the digital landscape from micro-influencers to celebrity/macro influencer and the negotiation and sales skills to procure and manage brand partnerships for clients with measurable results within the lifestyle, fashion and beauty verticals. They must have talent agency/management experience (5+ years) with expertise in the digital influencer space. The candidate will manage up to ten digital talent and will confidently demonstrate the ability to build their own roster with a pro-active attitude, a keen eye for detail, with an ability to effectively manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
The candidate will also be an exceptional team player with a drive to work collaboratively with the LA team of young talent executives and demonstrate the desire and capacity to work across various areas of the business.
Duties and responsibilities
- With a primary responsibility of identifying and signing exciting digital talent to the company’s diverse roster, whilst ensuring company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations are run efficiently.
- Create forward thinking and comprehensive campaign concepts for all incoming offers for the Insanity digital roster, considering needs such as the brands budget parameters and KPI requirements.
- The candidate will be tasked with negotiating deliverables and terms for partnerships. Including but not limited to: fee negotiation; reviewing, negotiating and executing contract terms where required; creating the Scope Of Work document for talent; ensuring talent are aware of their obligations; seeing through deliverables from the creation of content to the delivery to the brands; and gathering comprehensive insights from the partnerships to share with brands post campaign.
- They will be responsible for conducting proactive outreach for partnerships in the digital space for clients, as well as identifying diversified income possibilities through creative career management. From possible personal brand product development, through to other digital mediums such as Podcasts and Publishing deals.
- The candidate will make presentations and decks for use within pitches and client meetings, when required.
- The Talent Manager will also be responsible for going back to incoming enquiries, sharing media kits and rate cards and will use their sound judgment to decide whether brand partnerships are on brand for clients in preparation for communicating to the talent and pursuing these opportunities.
- Must possess the skills and desire to potentially line manage other team members as the company grows.
- They will be responsible for attending meetings with PRs and pitching the entire digital roster. They will do this independently, and at times with other Talent Managers. They will be responsible for following up after such meetings regarding securing partnerships for talent.
- Manage and nurture existing client relationships and foster new relationships, both internally with our roster of clients, and externally with brand partners.
- Proficient calendar management for all clients is paramount as is continuing to manage realistic client expectations
- Remaining informed of industry trends, events and deals that are being procured by talent from within the Insanity family and externally, within the digital space is paramount.
- Strong organizational, leadership and teamwork skills with excellent attention to detail.
- 5+ years of experience within talent management and/or influencer marketing.
- Deep understanding of influencer campaigns and achieving impressive measurable results.
- Must demonstrate a high quality of work performed both accurately and efficiently, with professional references to support.
- Self-starter who is motivated with the ability to prioritize work and multitask over a wide range of responsibilities .
- Tangible relationships with brands, creative and advertising agencies and digital talent alike.
- The ability to identify, procure and negotiate both short term and long term partnerships for talent across brands, licensing, events, live, publishing, podcasts, media appearances and other opportunities.
- Works well independently and collaboratively as part of a motivated team.
- Demonstrated ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both in person and via email/ telephone communication.
- Driven by results
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Drive and Keynote.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The role is usually carried out during normal business hours from the company’s Los Angeles office situated within Sony Music Entertainment’s offices in Culver City. On occasion, the job may require evening or weekend work, remote working or work-related travel for new business opportunities.
The typical working day will be eight hours with an hour for lunch. Start time allows for flexibility within core business hours. May offer flexible working hours at the discretion of the Directors.
The job may involve working with challenging stakeholders or clients, from time to time.